Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A Vampire Huntress Legend

I know I'm late but I'm just getting into the Vampire Huntress Legend series by L. A. Banks. I recently finished reading Minion, the first in the series, and I loved it.

In Minion, L. A. Banks weaves an intricate tale about vampires and the ones who hunt them down at night. Damali Richards is the vampire huntress, a Neteru, created every one thousand years to hunt the creatures of the night. She is closely guided by guardians who have all come together to show her the way and help her fulfill her destiny. I really enjoyed the character development by Banks. Damali is powerful, seductive, talented, intelligent and young. She is just coming into her powers and what it means to be a Neteru. As a result, in the midst of the fighting and gore, there is a coming of age story as Damali approaches her sure-to-be-eventful 21'st birthday.

I'm hooked. I'm already 100 pages through the next book The Awakening.

-Maia

No comments: