Thursday, January 3, 2008

Azizi Books Gives Black Authors Their Due

On December 26, 2007 Azizi Books was featured in the Business section of the Southtown Star.

What Kevin said about the article. . .
"First, some corrections. Free publicity is nice, but they don’t always get things right (for example, misspelling Octavia Butler’s name). My daughter, Maia, and I are co-owners in this venture, after she joined me in an existing internet book business, www.blackbooksdirect.com ... She manages the bookstore, and I manage the internet operation and purchasing."

Phew. After reading the article myself, I'm glad he added that last part in!

From the article
"For those interested in reading books by African-American authors, Azizi Books in Matteson stocks a full supply of fiction and nonfiction books by black authors."

Read more.
http://www.southtownstar.com/business/712124,azizi26.article

No comments: